Monday, September 14, 2009

Losing my mommy gold star



So it's been awhile....

Andrea, meet your readers. Readers, meet Andrea your blogger who fell of the blogger wagon and got road rash.

Even the husband was questioning why I haven't written in a while. That's when I knew it was time to light a fire under this extra wide booty. So I promise to find something to write about this week.

But my absenteeism isn't without good reason.

First there was my extremely busy two weeks of work. Deadlines, proposals, meetings, etc.

What do you mean I don't paid to sit around and blog all day?!? Whatever!

These two weeks were probably the busiest I've experienced since joining the company back in February. And no, don't ask me to explain what it is I actually do. I've been trying to explain that to the husband, sister, father, stepmom and besties for 6 mos, and they still don't get it. My sister has admitted she just stops listening after I say "ancillary revenue sharing programs".

We'll just call me a "consultant".

But to make the two weeks even more fun, Tyler, sprouted hives. Everywhere. On Sunday morning the husband and I thought chickenpox. [Insert freak out episode here] But when the tiny red dots started merging into huge red patches on his arms, legs, chest and feet, we knew it wasn't chickenpox.

Is it bad we were almost relieved? Reason #1 why I've lost my mommy gold star.

So off we went to the doctor Monday morning. The doctor checked a few things, examined the patches and explained it was probably just a reaction to a virus. Nothing to be overly concerned about, that it should clear up in 5-7 days, and advised that we should provide Benedryl every 6 hours and Zyrtec every 24 hours.

So Tyler spent the better part of 5 days in a pharmaceutical drug haze. Fiending for his next fix, and making "slurp-slurp" noises when ever I mentioned his medicine. They really shouldn't make the stuff bubble gum flavored.

Reason #2 why I've lost my mommy gold star.

But the sicky gods didn't feel I was juggling enough, so they topped off my hell week with a cherry when Tyler started having "digestive issues".

It was days like these that I'm glad my 2 1/2yr old was refusing potty training and was still in diapers. Whew! Dodged a messy bullet there.

Aaand reason #3 why I've lost my mommy gold star

By the end of the 2nd week, Tyler and I had our poop commands down. I'd inquire if he'd "bad pooped" and he'd look at me deadpan, reach behind him a pat his diaper.

Hold that thought, let me break out my bio-hazard suit.

He looked like he was auditioning for Pepto-Bismol's open audition for macarena rejects commercial.

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Ya, like there's any reason to get excited about explosive diarrhea, blech!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

You have been one busy girl!

I hope Tyler is on the mend.

pepto-bismol upset stomach October 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Hahaha. Just stumbled upon your blog and still enjoying the imagery of a little kid patting his bum in response to "Did you bad poop?" Sounds like my little nephews.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP