Tuesday, August 25, 2009

18 going on 30

As a 29 year old woman, I'm caught in this weird place of don't remind me I'll be 30 in 3 months, but also don't card me for alcohol or I'm gonna huff, pout and fling my drivers license at you.

I also keep trying to avoid conversations with my besties about a "big 3-0" birthday party in November. Honestly I'd much rather just celebrate with a card, a nice present, some cake, lots of alcohol and then head to bed.

I'm exciting like that.

Who knows, maybe I'll "be with child" and this will all work itself out. I just don't feel like being reminded that I'll be "over-the-hill" this year.

30 is the new 50 ya know.

Especially, when the husband is 3 years younger than me. Well, technically between June 26th and November 1st, he's 2 years younger, but for a majority of the year he's 3. He loves to remind me of this any chance he gets, especially at birthday's. For the past 2 years he's given me a "Happy Birthday you're 30" card. I'll open it and grimace. He, of course, throws his head back and cackles, because it's SOOO freaking funny.

Some days I just want to poke his eyes out.

However karma returned the favor and bit him in the butt the other day.

He got carded for trying to buy a mega millions lotto ticket, in a liquor store, at 1pm, with 2 day old stubble.

I laughed so hard I almost peed.

Maybe for his birthday next year I'll get him a binky and a bottle. The man does have a baby face.

I bet he'll find it just about as funny as I find the inappropriate birthday cards.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  August 25, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

LOL

I think I'd strangle him for the birthday cards! Once my Mom called me when I was in my 20's to wish me a Happy 30th Birthday. I was like "Mom I'm not 30 yet." I think she felt bad. How can your mom forget your age? HA!!!

Wait till you're 36. :sigh: I'll go back to 30!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP