Thursday, May 21, 2009

I don't get it

I want this purse.



I've wanted it ever since Macy's put it on display in their crystal clear display box on a pedestal in the center of the handbag department. As if to say:

Buy me Andrea....
You know you want me....
You know you can't live without me....
I'd have day dreams of walking proudly down the promenade at Easton with this purse on my arm. The purse and I would have dinner dates, long lunches, and enjoy the theater. We'd go pick out special outfits that complimented my eyes and it's color palette. It was heaven. That was until the husband saw the price tag and snapped me back to reality.

It costs HOW much?!?

Men. They just don't get it. They don't understand a woman's need for flashy, beautiful, sparkly purses. They don't understand how the desire for said purses can drive logical women into back alleys with unscrupulous characters, or ten suburban soccer moms to risk arrest to hid out in a basement and conduct "secret parties" to drool and ogle look-alikes pulled from a common black garbage bag.

They don't get how we banish them to the spare bedroom closet because we've taken over the entire closet with our collection of "going-out" purses, "spring, summer, fall and winter" purses, "this purse goes with that outfit" purses, "fun" purses, and "carry it all" purses. Nor do they get the 50 pairs of shoes that must compliment the assortment of purses.

My husband has 4 pairs of shoes, one wallet, and only 3 hats he wears on a regular basis. He most definitely does not understand spending several hundred dollars on a purse I won't carry every day.

But what he really doesn't get is when we got married, what's mine was mine and what's his became mine and that purse will be mine. [evil cackle]

2 comments:

Kim and Dave May 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

I totally get it! That purse is GORGEOUS!! If I see you at Easton, I will be your paparazzi.

Anonymous,  May 22, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

OMG I love that purse!!!! LW doesn't get it either. He thinks I'm nuts because I always seem to have a 'different' purse for each outfit.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP