Thursday, June 23, 2011

So fresh and so clean

Did you notice anything different? Anything new maybe? ^^^^ huh, huh?

Since I am no longer just a mama to a wild and crazy guy, who's daily antics test the upper levels of my patience, I feel my blog should reflect that change in my life as well. Now, I have TWO wild and crazy children who prove there is no better solution for being overworked, overstressed, underpaid and out of time than to self medicate with lots of wine.

In honor of my NEW changes, I thought I'd share an OLD story that still gets me and is still hanging around.

If four years of motherhood had taught me anything, it is that a quiet 3yr old means bad things are unfolding. I had foolishly thought I'd be safe doing a load of laundry and doing a quick pick up downstairs while Tyler played quietly in his room.

For anyone who has met Tyler, you know Tyler does not have a quiet function. Nothing about him is quiet, subdued or calm. He's a 24/7, high energy, keeping you on your toes, tornado of destruction. Remember this incident? Or what about this one? Tyler being quiet means I'm in BIG trouble.

Trouble yes, but how much trouble I could not have foreseen on my worst day.

I climbed the stairs carting a basket of clean clothes. As I hit the top step I got a faint whiff of baby power. That's odd.... I did a quick sniff check of my own underarms. Negative. I'm not what I'm smelling. I headed down the hall towards Tyler's room, rounded the door frame and froze. My mouth hung gaped open. The laundry basket tumbled from my fingers and landed on my big toe. [thud]

Tyler stood in the middle of his room, facing his toy bins with a hand me down make-up brush poised in his hand like he was a CSI: Las Vegas reject. Every surface in his room was covered in a layer of baby powder including himself. It was like it had snowed, but it was the middle of July. Clouds of baby powder hung in the air, leaving the whole room in a fog.
Me: "Tyler WHAT are you DOING!" my voice going up an octave with each word
Tyler: "I'm dusting mommy. See..." flicking a mess of baby powder in my direction with the make-up brush.
I was so overwhelmed by the situation nothing definitive came out of my mouth
Me: "Wha, Uh, Ac, Umm, Huh, aah!!....humph"
Feeling overly defeated, I turned and walked out of the room. Tyler called after me.
Tyler: "Where ya going mommy?"
Me: "I'm going to get the vacuum"
Tyler: "Yah!"
My excitement didn't quite equal Tyler's.
Me: "Yah....."
To this day, I still find toys that have baby powder residue in their joints.

1 comments:

Brandis Allison, Inspired. November 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM  

omg! i can totally picture him as you told this story. i think it's so sweet! :) but i am sure quite fun to clean up....hehee

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP