Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We're gonna need a fork lift

A while back it was mentioned to me that I needed to start writing again. Why? Because dammit apparently people like me. Aww, well....gee shuks thanks people. [blush]

So here it is [drum roll] back by popular demand......The new! The improved! The blog! [cymbal crash]

[crickets chirp]

No seriously, let's be honest a hot minute. It's not new and it's defintely not improved. In fact it's probably just about the same, with maybe a bit more cynicism. Overworked with a serious lack of free time and sleep will do that do ya. But it still is a blog. So I guess 1 outta three ain't bad.

To recap my life in the [cough] YEAR that it's been since I last wrote; I gained some weight, had a baby, lost some weight, got reorganized at work which equaled more work same pay, found a sincere love of wine (my Saturday night safety net) and am trying desperately to raise a 4yr old who out runs me, out smarts me and is generally funny as hell.

Case in point: This morning, as I was getting dressed for work, I reminded Tyler that the play kitchen I ordered over this past weekend would be arriving today, at some point. Apparently he missed the "at some point" part and made a bee line for the front window to "stalk" the delivery guy. Kinda reminded me of someone else who stalks the delivery guy

[head shake] Dear God, have mercy on my neighbors. There he was at 6:45am, standing in my front window, in his pull-up and nothing else, bouncing, pulsating with anticipation over a to-be-delivered play kitchen. If little old miss Norma, who takes her morning walks, would have seen him she would have fainted right there on the sidewalk. Medic!

Concerned that the delivery man was not arriving at that very moment, Tyler hollered up at me to "Call the delivery man! Find out where he is!"

My reply that I did not have said phone number, was met with a thumping up the stairs and a prompt face to face conversation that I needed to get that number.

Tyler: "Mom, we need to get that number!" shaking his hands splayed out palm

Me: "Sorry bud, don't have it. But don't worry, it'll be here today"

Tyler: "Mom, I hope it comes with directions"

Me: "I'm sure it will honey" returning to concentrate on my makeup

Tyler: "Mom, we're gonna need a screwdriver and a drill and scissors and some tape and a fork lift!" his arms flapping around demonstrating each tool.

Me: "A fork lift??"

Tyler: "Oh yea, because the box is gonna be THIS big" with his arms stretched out in all directions.

Me: "You're probably right. I'll pick one up on my way home"

Tyler: "Ok, sounds good"
And he walked out of my room and back to the window to continue stalking the delivery man. Like mother like son.

4 comments:

Allison June 14, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

So happy to have you back!!

And that story is adorable :)

Michele,  June 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

That story made me laugh out loud at my desk. I am sure my co-workers think I am crazy.

Anonymous,  June 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

Love it!!!

So glad you're back. I've missed you!

Frances November 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM  

If you need a scissor lift for your construction project, you should think first if you need to buy or if you could just rent it out.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP